Latest Exam News: Updated 17 June
Unfortunately the Grade 6-8 Music Theory exams due to be held on 19 June 2021 in Malaysia have been cancelled. We are moving all entered candidates over to the next exam date of 21 August 2021. You will receive an email shortly about this, and what to do if you would prefer a refund.
The online Music Theory session is now open and candidates can take their exam up to and including 23 June.
Customer Update for Online Theory in Malaysia
In light of the new MCO 3.0 restrictions and to support teachers and schools who wish to organise centralised online music theory exams for their candidates, and where candidates will need to travel to that venue, we have organised the following to allow you to host the exams from your premises from 1 June onwards:
1. The letter from ABRSM to explain that this is an international exam and verifies that you are scheduled to sit for the exam at the designated venue (music school, teacher's home etc). Please attach your booking confirmation to this letter when travelling along with the venue approval letter (see below).
2. This letter lists all approved venues for the online music theory exam. Please note it is still the responsibility of the music school or teacher to follow all SOPs when hosting the exam.
For candidates who will take the exam in their own home, please ignore the above information.
Performance Grade exams
We are now offering Performance Grade exams every month. Please check here for dates and fees. We are extending the introductory 15% discount for these exams so that it applies to all remotely-assessed Performance Grade and ARSM exams in 2021. Just enter code ABPG15MY when you book. Please also read our terms and conditions here.
Face-to-face practical exams
We have postponed the start of Session 2 practical exams to allow us to plan with more certainty and book exam venues in good time. We hope to open a booking period in June or July with exams between September and December, exact dates to be confirmed. However, we are keeping these dates under review as we can only accept bookings if COVID-19 travel and government restrictions are lifted. We will provide an update nearer to the booking period.